Family Cabin Retreat
Thanks to the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust, we can now offer FREE Woodland Cabin retreats to the armed forces community.
The project will allow families to spend quality time together and reconnect with each other in a woodland environment.
The off-grid cabin comes with its own private woodland where families can have their own mini adventures and create long lasting memories.
Following their stay, families will be invited back to attend a number group volunteer days, providing them with the opportunity to meet others families and receive peer to peer support. They will also have access to our private Facebook page where they can share ideas and the skills they have learnt, and seek further peer to peer support from members of our Woodland Warrior Community.
The aim of this project is to improve well-being and mental health, strengthen relationships and increase family cohesion.
Families will need to bring their own bedding (sleeping bags) and food/drink but the use of the cabin and woodland is FREE for the duration of their stay.
The cabin is located in our private woodland in Pensford near Bristol. Exact details will be sent once we have confirmed that the application is successful.
Each participant can bring up to three family members with them (one adult and two children 12 and under).
1) You must be a serving member or veteran of the UK Armed Forces and have already attended our initial WWP weekend. If you haven't attended one of these click here to book.
2) Your mental health and/or family life may have suffered as a result of injury, illness or active service and now wish to reconnect with your partner, spouse and/or children.
(you do not need to have received a medical diagnosis to attend).
The cabin is suitable for 2 adults and 2 children (age 12 and under). The cabin has a double bed and a mezzanine sleeping area. If your immediate family is larger than this, or you have children older than 12 please contact us in the first instance and we will try our best to accommodate you. Please also contact us if you have mobility issues as, due to the hilly location the cabin may not be suitable.
Participants can only bring members of their family and/or their partners with them.
How to apply:
1) APPLICATIONS CURRENTLY ON HOLD and forms will re open again soon. Please check back shortly.
2) Once we have confirmed that your application is successful we will send you the available dates to choose from.
3) We will then provide you with the login details to The Armed Forces Covenant Trust Fund App where you will need to complete a short well being questionnaire (this is important for us to be able to measure the success of the project and apply for future funding).
4) The finer details regarding your stay (what you'll need and where to find us) will be sent upon receipt of your questionnaire.